RadioLocman.com Electronics ru
Advanced Search +

Go Back   RadioLocman Forum > Electronics and ... > Microcontrollers (MCU)

Microcontrollers (MCU) Application and programming of MCUs, Evaluation Kits and Demonstration Boards, Programmers.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
Anatoly

Anatoly is on a distinguished road
Default Can 1 Raspberry Pi 2 Run Two Arduino Mega using USB?

I am trying to run 2 Arduino Mega from two USB ports of my Raspberry Pi 2 and use it on my project. I am providing a 5V 3A continuous and 5A peak Regulated Supply to power up my Raspberry Pi 2. And I am using up all the raspberry pi 2 gpio pins and also all the arduino mega pins for sensor and other related things. So my question is does the raspberry pi 2 on this circumstances can power up both the arduino mega with all pins in use without any problem? Or I should made two seperate power supply for both the arduino mega and another one for the raspberry pi 2?
Anatoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #2
hemilton

hemilton is on a distinguished road

That all depends on how much current the other components draw. The Pi has a poly fuse which trips at 2.2 Amps when powered through the USB connector. You need to workout the current of the other devices and also include what the Pi is drawing if you are using this connector.
hemilton is offline   Reply With Quote