RadioLocman.com Electronics ru
Advanced Search +

Go Back   RadioLocman Forum > Electronics and ... > Microcontrollers (MCU)

Microcontrollers (MCU) Application and programming of MCUs, Evaluation Kits and Demonstration Boards, Programmers.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
Em_13

Em_13 is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Crystal oscillator

Hi,I am a beginner in RF circuits , have a question about this circuit:What does the Freq-set variable Inductor exactly do?I built this circuit and output frequency is fix despite changing this Inductor. only audio volume in receiver is changing.
Does "oscillator frequency" mean output frequency or it is about FM deviation for voice?Thanks.
Em_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
symbol

symbol is on a distinguished road

Oscillator frequency means the output frequency of the carrier but I cannot see how it is going to work. It is adding a small load on the crystal.
symbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
Em_13

Em_13 is on a distinguished road

I want to use 33 Mhz crystal in 3rd overtone mode,Please help me to calculate the capacitor triplet for 99 mhz output.Is there any equation to calculate these capacitors?
Em_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
symbol

symbol is on a distinguished road

You should be able to analyze the circuit yourself. This is not a very complicated one. Look at the picture carefully and you will be able to make out features.

The 270R and 0.01uF are used for the emitter biasing. They can be left as it is. They are not part of the oscillator tank circuit. The emitter needs to be lifted up from the ground to get proper base bias.
symbol is offline   Reply With Quote