RadioLocman.com Electronics ru
Advanced Search +

Go Back   RadioLocman Forum > Electronics and ... > Microcontrollers (MCU)

Microcontrollers (MCU) Application and programming of MCUs, Evaluation Kits and Demonstration Boards, Programmers.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Em_13

Em_13 is on a distinguished road
Default I Cooked my Arduino 3G module? SIM5320E

So I played with the SIM5320E, which is similar to the SIM900, but uses 3G. In short, I can short-circuit the antenna signal wire with 5V Arduino. Or a signal wire with GND. Or, maybe I accidentally connected 5V Arduino to the GND modules. I have no idea, but it immediately caused an unpleasant smell, but I did not see any visible smoke. The reason they were concerned was my mistake, I had an antenna tucked under some wires for convenience so that it would not just burst around in the wind. I use the arduino nano recorded on the back of the module, and when I moved it, either the antenna signal, or gnd, connected to 5V or gnd arduino.
Em_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
symbol

symbol is on a distinguished road

A high res in focus picture might help. Also your nose might be able to identify
which end of module had over stressed part.

A magnifying glass exam of board might provide clues.
symbol is offline   Reply With Quote