Zilog, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of IXYS Corporation introduced its Z8 Encore! XP® F6482 Series MCU, the latest in Zilog’s line of Z8 Encore! XP® Flash microcontroller products. These F6482 Series products are based on Zilog’s advanced 8-bit eZ8 CPU core and are optimized for low-power and wireless applications, supporting 1.8 V to 3.6 V low-voltage operations with extremely low Active, Mode currents, and offer an assortment of speed and low power options.
The I/O capabilities of the F6482 Series MCUs make them suitable for a wide variety of applications including safety and security, utility metering, digital power supervisory, hand-held electronics, and general motor control. The F6482 Series features up to 67 port pins (ports A–J) for general purpose input/output (GPIO); the number of GPIO pins available is a function of package type. Each pin is individually programmable.
Zilog’s F6482 Series MCUs feature the following functionality:
- 24 MHz eZ8 CPU core
- 16 KB, 32 KB, 60 KB or 64 KB Flash memory with in-circuit programming capability
- 2 KB or 3.75 KB internal RAM
- Up to 128 bytes Non-Volatile Data Storage (NVDS)
- 12-bit (or 14-bit 2-pass) Analog-to-Digital Converter
- 12-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)
- Up to 12 external channels plus dedicated inputs for op amps (2)
- Internal or external voltage reference and single ended or differential inputs
- Integrated LCD driver with blinking and contrast control for up to 96 segments (4 common by 24 segment lines)
- 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption/decryption hardware accelerator according to FIPS PUB 197
- Real Time Clock (RTC) supporting both Counter and Clock modes
- On-chip temperature sensor
- Two on-chip low power analog comparators
- Two on-chip, low power operational amplifiers
- 8-channel Event System provides communication between peripherals for autonomous triggering
- Full speed Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0) device supporting eight endpoints with integrated USB-PHY
- Two full duplex UARTs with Local Interconnect Network (LIN), Digital Addressable Lighting Interface (DALI) and Digital Multiplex (DMX) protocol modes.
- Support for 9-bit (multiprocessor) and RS-485 driver enable
- Two enhanced Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) controllers
- I2C controller which supports Master/Slave modes
- Four channel DMA controller with direct or linked-list operation
- Three enhanced 16-bit timers with Capture, Compare, and PWM capability
- Two additional basic 16-bit timers with interrupt (shared as UART Baud Rate Generator)
- 16-bit Multi-Channel Timer which supports four Capture/Compare/PWM modules
Zilog’s F6482 Series devices are currently in production and available to ship to customers that place orders through distributors.