5.5 V Input, 50 mA Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator with 260 nA Quiescent Current S-85S0A Series
The S-85S0A Series introduces own distinctive low power consumption control and COT (Constant On-Time) control, features ultra low current consumption (260 nA quiescent current) and fast transient response, operates at PFM control. The S-85S0A Series realizes high efficiency in a wide range of load current consumption and provides strong support for extended period operation of mobile devices and wearable devices which are equipped with compact batteries.
|Typical Application Circuit.
The S-85S0A Series can configure a step-down regulator only with a coil, an input capacitor, and an output capacitor. By using external parts recommended in this datasheet, the occupancy area can be reduced to 1.6 mm × 4.3 mm = 6.9 mm2, and it contributes to miniaturization of electronic equipment.
|Efficiency vs. Output current.
- Ultra low current consumption: 260 nA quiescent current
- Efficiency (when under 100 μA load): 90.5%
- Fast transient response: COT control
- Input voltage: 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Output voltage
- 0.7 V to 2.5 V, in 0.05 V step
- 2.6 V to 3.9 V, in 0.1 V step
- Output voltage accuracy:
- ±1.5% (1.0 V ≤ VOUT ≤ 3.9 V)
- ±15 mV (0.7 V ≤ VOUT < 1.0 V)
- High side power MOSFET on-resistance : 420 mΩ
- Low side power MOSFET on-resistance : 320 mΩ
- Soft-start function: 1 ms typ.
- Under voltage lockout function (UVLO): 1.8 V typ. (detection voltage)
- Thermal shutdown function: 135°C typ. (detection temperature)
- Overcurrent limit function: 300 mA (at L = 2.2 μH)
- Automatic recovery type short-circuit protection function: Hiccup control
- Input and output capacitors: Ceramic capacitor compatible
- Operation temperature range: Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Wearable device
- Bluetooth device
- Wireless sensor network device
- Healthcare equipment
- Smart meter
- Portable game device