The PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with FPU (EF) Starter Kit (Crypto) (DM320007-С for Crypto development) provides a low-cost method for the development and testing of USB and Ethernet-based applications with PIC32MZ EF family devices.
The preprogrammed example code on the PIC32MZ EF family MCU is available for download from the Microchip web site. All project files have been included so that the code may be used directly to restore the PIC32MZ EF family MCU on the starter kit to its original state (i.e., if the sample device has been reprogrammed with another program) or so you can use the tutorial code as a platform for further experimentation.
Ethernet PHY Daughter Boards compatible with PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit are listed below:
- LAN8720A PHY Daughter Board (AC320004-3)
- LAN9303 PHY Switch Daughter Board (AC320004-4)
This starter kit can also be used with Multimedia Expansion Board II.
The top assembly of the board includes these key features:
- PIC32MZ2048EFM144-I/PH (Crypto Engine) MCU.
- Green power indicator LED.
- On-board crystal or oscillator for precision microcontroller clocking (24 MHz).
- USB connectivity for on-board debugger communications.
- Green debug indicator LED.
- Three push button switches for user-defined inputs.
- Three user-defined indicator LEDs.
- USB Type A receptacle connectivity for PIC32 host-based applications.
- USB-to-UART communication.
- Daughter board connectors for flexible Ethernet PHY options.
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTCC and Timer1 (optional).
- External 4 GB SQI memory for expanded memory applications.
- Jumper for using or disconnecting the on-board debugger.
- Connector for an external debugger such as MPLAB REAL ICE or MPLAB ICD 3.
- 40-pin expansion connector for adding external boards.
The bottom assembly of the board includes these key features:
- PIC24FJ256GB106 USB microcontroller for on-board debugging.
- Regulated +3.3V power supply for powering the starter kit through USB or expansion board.
- Connector for various expansion boards.
- USB Type micro-AB receptacle for OTG and USB device connectivity for PIC32 OTG/device-based applications.
- 50 MHz Ethernet PHY oscillator
The PIC32MZ EF Family Starter Kit contains the following items:
- One development board
- One LAN8740A Ethernet PHY Daughter Board
- Two USB mini-B to full-sized A cables (one cable for debug purposes and to power the development board and one cable for USB-to-UART communication)
- One USB micro-B to full-sized A cable (to communicate with the PIC32 USB port)
- One RJ-45 CAT5 Ethernet cable (to communicate with the PIC32 Ethernet port)
User Guide and Schematic