The FT51A-EVM is a development module for FTDI’s FT51AQ, one of the devices from FTDI’s range of 8-bit microcontrollers with USB interface bridging features integrated. FT51A is a MCU which includes the following features: USB client and USB hub interfaces, 8051 core, 8-bit ADC, UART, SPI, I2C, 245 FIFO and PWM.
The FT51A-EVM demonstrates the FT51A series I2C and SPI interfaces, the ADC input, PWM and GPIO features. It contains a 28 pin header which allows easy access to all the FT51AQ’s IO pins, as well as the debug and reset pins. This module also comes preloaded with the FT51A-EVM firmware that allows users to use all the features of the module without developing firmware.
The FT51A-EVM is fitted with a FT51AQ; many of the features of the FT51A series can be utilized with this module. For a full list of the FT51A series features please see the FT51A datasheet.
FT51A-EVM has the following features:
- FT51A MCU installed:
- 8051-compatible core running at a maximum frequency of 48 MHz
- 8051 peripheral set
- 16 kB program/shadow memory
- True Zero Wait States operation up to 48 MHz
- FT12 series compatible USB2.0 Full-Speed/Low-Speed peripheral controller with Battery Charger Detection (BCD)
- USB downstream port
- Enhanced UART with transfer rates from 300 baud to 3M Baud
- Integrated hardware debugger
- PWM Controller
- I2C master/slave controller
- SPI master/slave controller
- 4 extra timers plus watchdog function
- Integrated clock generation, no external crystal required.
- 16 Analog IO Cells for ADC functions
- Up to 16 Digial IO
- USB DFU Bootloader
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- +5 V single supply operation
- Internal 3.3 V/1.8 V LDO regulators
- Low operating and suspend current 20 mA (active) and 150 uA (suspend)
- 20×2 characters, LCD display, with I2C interface and RGB backlight.
- Heart-Rate Monitor with filtered and amplified analogue output
- Force sensitive resistor
- SPI temperature sensor
- Push buttons controls and LED indicator
- Interface footprints to allow for communication with FTDI’s FT8xx modules and TTL-232R cables
- Upstream and downstream USB ports which allows for direct connection cascading.
- Debugger interface header used for debugging and programming the FT51AQ. Designer for operation with FTPD-1.
- Onboard jumper for configuring the module to be in self powered or USB powered.
User Guide and Schematic Diagram